Monday, May 16, 2011

Glad God is My Physician


I miss the days of pediatrics.  It’s true that in pediatrics they try harder.  They fight harder so that you can live life to the fullest at your healthiest. Somewhere along the lines there is an age gap.  Those that get ill are either children or the elderly.  Kids when they get sick are terminal or they grow out of it.  CFers, we are a class forgotten, in and out of the hospital all of our lives, at every age.  Stuck in the age gap, there is limited entertainment for us here.  I miss the courtyards with playhouses, the rooms with color, the library with movies and games.  I miss being greeted with smiles and unrelenting optimism.  Now when I ask, “it gets easier right?” or tell them “I will get better.”  They shrug their shoulders and avoid an answer.  

That is why I am glad that God is my physician.  He tells me that one day I will be better, one day it will be easy.  He can make those promises with confidence because He has the power to make miracles happen.  Even if I am not healed until I reach Heaven, I can still hold on to the promise that Heaven is near.  I have a thirst and a desire for a better life than this world can offer me. I love that with God as my physician He is allowed to invest and become personal with his patients, that He loves me as His child.   He feeds my passions and inspires me to persevere.  I am not just a medical record number.  This is not just His job.  My life is more than a number, my age is more than a statistic. 

I have great doctors, but there are rules, rules they must follow.  These rules protect them.  I am not saying they are doing anything wrong and God does use them to take care of me, but I do not have to put my faith in them.  I am allowed to hope and believe in something more than they can offer.  Their words wont build me up or break me because I was made for a purpose better then they can promise me.  

2 comments:

  1. Very true. Glad to see you leaning on Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, never give up hope. I don't care how "old" you are, I will still smile at you with all of the optimism in the world. Even if this ends in a way we don't want, sooner than we want...there is hope. Never say never, and God is amazing. No matter what, He has your back. And so do those of us that love you.

    ReplyDelete