Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Call Me a Dreamer, but Really I am Just a Believer


Sometimes the enemy creeps into the crevices of my mind.
He deceives me with lies and places scales over my eyes.
Trying to harden my heart, he pulls me apart
From the flock of believers and friends.
Stealing my hope and my joy, I fall to his ploy.
He twists my passions and he encourages my lack of actions
Telling me that compassion has made me weak and I’m overreacting,
My emotions are the destruction of falling to menial unsatisfaction
Satan tells me that my dreams are unattractive
and that I can’t achieve them,
But I need to be reminded of the Dreamer who inspired them.
God has called me His daughter and yet I forget to call upon Him.
His plans are bigger than the box within my mind.
It is time for me to stop watching my life in rewind. 
It isnt about pattern or consistency,
Because God is who holds the plans for me.
Logic only gets in my way to follow Him obediently.

No comments:

Post a Comment