Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Down the Path of Pain

I wish my heart rested more soundly
With my foundation in you
Instead it beats rapidly trying to save me
I’m drowning in the flood of my tears
I’m calling your name
Knowing you’re already here
It feels almost too late,
I’ve given into fear
When do I accept my fate
Placing my life in your hands
You guide me straight
Down the path of pain,
But my burdens you’ve claimed
My scars are reminders of what I’ve gained
Strength, courage, and virtues of faith
My God you saved me
From my own destruction
Treacherous were my ways,
Death my fate, but your death
Took my sin away
Your resurrection the promise of an eternal life
Free from suffering
May my body be a vessel for your 
Glory alone, not my own
Though my body may fail me
You never will
This pain, you’ve felt
This struggle, you’ve overcome
This diagnosis, you’ve cured
This sinner you love
This daughter you’ve claimed
No longer do the chains of circumstance determine my fate
For you God alone have numbered my days

2 comments:

  1. I like it!
    * line 7 should be "too" instead of "to"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops haha. No worries, its fixed! thanks :)

    ReplyDelete