Wednesday, March 2, 2011

How Can I Believe in God?


People ask me all the time how I can believe there is a God.  I suppose they expect me to question it because I have Cystic Fibrosis.  How can there be a God that allows you to suffer like that?  The truth is that whether I believe there is a God or not would not change my circumstances.  If I didn’t have my faith then I would be walking through this life the same way as the rest of the world, bitter and broken.  I have never questioned God’s existence.  I know that I have been blessed to suffer for Christ.  Through my suffering His glory can be revealed.  One of my favorite verses is John 9:3 “It was not because of his sins or his parents' sins," Jesus answered. "This happened so the power of God could be seen in him.”  With or without God I suffer, but even though God allows me to feel the pain I also have the hope that the pain won’t be wasted, that the fight is worth it, that I will overcome it, and that despite the worst pain imaginable I will still be filled with Joy! 

So I ask you, why wouldn’t I believe in God?

3 comments:

  1. TRUTH girl! Can I use this at one of my Bible studies sometime???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I said it once and I'll say it again, YOU are a threat to hell! Go slay some lions, girl!

    ReplyDelete